Repeated passing of watery and indistinct stools is commonly termed as diarrhea. Diarrhea is considered as one of the common digestive problems which may occur alone or may even occur as a symptom for some other digestive diseases.
Chronic diarrhea accompanied by vomiting can be dangerous in children and infants and hence proper care should be taken in such cases. Diarrhea can be due to viral, bacterial or parasitic infections and hence the base of the disease should be identified and appropriate medication should be taken to cure it. Diarrhea can be cured completely by following any of the below mentioned home remedies.
Excreting watery stools is the main symptom for the disease. Decreased absorption of water can be the reason for defecation of watery stools. The affected person may have an urge to defecate repeatedly. Abdominal pain and contraction is another symptom for the problem of diarrhea. Extreme weakness can be also noticed in the person facing the problem of diarrhea.
Improper food habits are the major cause for the problem of diarrhea. Overeating can also cause digestive diseases including diarrhea. Use of some antibiotics may cause problems like diarrhea. Entry of certain parasites, germs or virus through contaminated food or water can also result in digestive problems like diarrhea.
Diarrhea can be a result of allergic reactions towards certain food items like milk, egg, sea foods etc. Stresses and strains in adults can be considered as one of the common reason behind the problem of diarrhea. Certain intestinal diseases may also lead to problems like diarrhea.
1. Buttermilk is a valuable remedy in the case of diarrhea as well as other digestive troubles. Homemade buttermilk is found to be more favorable in the treatment of diarrhea. It can be prepared by removing the fat from curd by agitating well. This freshly prepared butter milk can be taken several times a day along with a little of salt. The acid content of buttermilk helps in controlling the bacterial actions and hence helps in preventing diseases like diarrhea.
2. Carrot broth is one of the excellent home cures for the problem of diarrhea. Carrots are proved to be rich in minerals like sodium, potassium, calcium, sulphur, magnesium etc. which are essential for the good health of our body. Carrots can provide pectin, and can help in preventing formation of swellings in the intestine.
3. About 500 gm of fresh carrots can be stewed in a cup of water for 10 to 20 minutes. This carrot pulp can be churned in a liter of water and can be boiled by adding half a teaspoon of salt to prepare the soup. This can be consumed daily which is useful in curing the ailment completely and efficiently.
4. Freshly prepared mint juice is effective in curing the problem of diarrhea. A concoction of one teaspoon each of mint juice, honey and lemon juice can be prepared freshly. This fusion can be taken three times each day and can be continued till an expectable change is noticed in the patient.
Photo Credit- Theteachick.com
5. Diarrhea can be cured completely using bottle gourd which is known to be an ancient remedy for diarrhea as well as many other diseases. About 200 ml of fresh bottle gourd juice can be drunk every day as this can keep our body hydrated as well as help in controlling the influence of disease.
6. Drumstick leaves are excellent in healing diarrhea and several other ailments. A decoction can be prepared by mixing a tablespoon of drumstick leaves juice and a teaspoon of honey in a cup of coconut water. This drink can be taken three to four times a day which is confirmed to be very useful in the treatment of diarrhea. For best results you can use tender coconut water. This is a commonly used remedy for diarrhea.
7. Pomegranate is another remedy in the case of diarrhea. Due to the caustic properties of pomegranate, it can help in healing the ailment. About 50 grams of this fruit can be eaten by the patient which will help in keeping their body hydrated and hence to an extend it controls the attack of diarrhea.
8. Mango seeds are best among the remedies for diarrhea. Some amount of mango kernels can be gathered and then can be dried well. Grind the dried seeds into powder and store in cool place. This powder can be used as a medicine for the treatment of diarrhea. About two grams of this crush can be eaten alone or along with a teaspoon of honey.
9. Sesame seeds are effective in healing the problem of diarrhea. About three teaspoons of sesame seeds can be fried in a pan. This fried seeds can be pounded into fine powder and then can be mixed with a teaspoon of butter. This mixture can be consumed along with about 200 ml of goat’s milk. This is an excellent remedy in the case of diarrhea.
Photo Credit- Prettygarlic.com
10. Turmeric is chief in curing the problem of diarrhea due to its antiseptic properties. About 5 ml of fresh turmeric paste can be consumed once in a day for the best results of the treatment. Turmeric powder can also be used in the treatment. Turmeric can be consumed either alone or along with a cup of fresh buttermilk.
11. Grape juice is considered to be very effective in curing diarrhea. Having two cups of grape juice every day is found to be helpful in the treatment for diarrhea. Cumin seeds are one of the best remedies for diarrhea. A teaspoonful of cumin seeds can be mixed in about same quantity of honey and this can be consumed two to three times each day as a remedy for the disease.
12. Papaya is valuable in the treatment for diarrhea. Cooked raw papaya can be included in the daily diet of the patient which is an excellent home cure for the disease. A decoction prepared by boiling four or five tender leaves of guava can be consumed daily as a part of the treatment. This is a good home cure for diarrhea.