Coconut oil is packed with beneficial properties for health. It has been extensively used in different beauty and home remedies for more than 5000 years ago. Besides coconut oil is also very easily available and affordable, other than, being purely natural. Given below are 100 amazing health benefits of this versatile oil.
General Health Benefits of Coconut Oil
1. Coconut oil helps in absorption of magnesium and calcium to aid development of teeth and bones.
2. The saturated fats present in coconut oil assist in absorption of amino acids, vitamins and minerals.
3. Coconut oil also helps in improving endurance and energy and it very useful for athletes.
4. Coconut oil also stimulates metabolism and boosts your energy levels.
5. Coconut oil also enhances lungs function by increasing fluidity of cell surfaces.
6. Coconut oil also enhances insulin secretion and aids better utilization of blood glucose.
7. Rubbing coconut oil on your forearm and wrist will calm upset stomach and relieve nausea.
9. Coconut oil helps in preventing fungi and parasites that can cause indigestion.
10. In situations of extreme heat and cold, nose bleeding can be effectively stopped by using coconut oil.
12. Massage your head gently with coconut oil to relieve stress or mental fatigue.
Use of Coconut Oil for Body Hygiene
13. Coconut oil aids cell regeneration making it an effective cure for treating baldness.
14. Coconut oil mixed with water makes an excellent scrub for the body.
15. The best way to fade age spots is to apply coconut oil and see the marks gone completely.
Birth marks can be effectively faded by using coconut oil.
16. Using coconut oil on your bruises will help to reduce any pain and swelling.
17. Applying coconut oil on the burns immediately will promote healing without any scars.
Coconut oil is wonderful for after shave application without clogging pores.
18. To stop burning and itching after bug bites, apply coconut oil instantly.
19. Massage coconut oil to your scalp to moisturize and reduce the occurrence of dandruff.
20. If your baby’s bums develop rashes because of diapers, apply coconut oil to make them comfortable.
21. Coconut oil can also be applied directly to the lips to soften and avoid chapsticks.
22. Coconut oil used in combination with baking soda and cornstarch powder works as a good deodorant.
23. Coconut oil can also be used on your little’s one to make their skin soft and supple.
24. Mix coconut oil with sugar and you get an effective and natural exfoliator for the body.
25. Rub coconut oil on your scalp to condition your hair and prevent the problem of dry and itchy scalp.
26. Use coconut oil as eye cream to reduce wrinkles, puffiness and bags.
27. Mix equal parts of coconut oil with almond oil, olive oil, castor oil and avocado oil and use this mixture in place of soap. Your skin will feel softer like never before.
28. Coconut oil is also used a good massage oil to relieve fatigue.
29. You can also use coconut oil as a chemical-free defrizzer or hair gel.
30. Apply coconut oil directly on the cuts and scrapes to ward off any virus or bacterial growth and aid the healing process.
31. Coconut oil can also be used to fix the problem of oily skin or T-zone. Use a drop of coconut oil on your face to reduce natural oil secretion.
32. Coconut oil also works as a natural and absolutely safe lubricant.
33. Moisturize your face naturally by applying some coconut oil to your face and neck.
34. Coconut oil can also be used to remove last traces of makeup from your face.
35. Get rid of your moles naturally by applying a mixture of coconut oil and apple cider vinegar every day.
36. If you have frizzy or rough hair, rub coconut oil on your hair before shampooing.
37. Coconut oil also helps in relieving the problem of dry or cracked nipples.
38. Coconut oil works as a natural sunscreen to protect the skin from harmful effects of UV rays.
39. Coconut oil is excellent for nourishing damaged skin and therefore the best treatment for stretch marks.
40. To cure sun burn naturally, apply some coconut oil directly to the affected area.
41. Apply coconut oil before shaving to prevent any damage to the skin.
42. Coconut oil is also used for treating skin problems like eczema, dermatitis or psoriasis.
43. Mix together baking soda and coconut oil to make superb toothpaste to clean your teeth and gums.
44. Mix coconut oil and garlic oil to make an effective treatment for swimmers ear. Apply few drops of the mixed oil and leave for 10 minutes.
45. Rub coconut oil on the sagged skin or wrinkles to strengthen the connective tissues and restore youthfulness.
46. Use coconut oil over your new tattoos to inhibit any chances of infection and speed up the healing process.
Coconut Oil for Curing Health Problems
(Coconut oil when taken internally also helps preventing, curing and relieving these health problems, mentioned below)
48. Asthma, in both adults and children
49. Acid reflux when taken after the meals
51. Alzheimer’s Disease
52. Adrenal Fatigue
53. Bronchial Infections
54. Bowel Function
55. Regulates cholesterol by improving HDL and decreasing LDL.
56. Candida Albicans
57. Colds and Flu
58. Chronic Fatigue
59. Cystic Fibrosis
61. Chrons Diseases along with any inflammation
69. Energy Boost
70. Dry and Flaky Skin
73. Gallbladder Disease and resulting pain
75. Head Lice
76. H. Pylori
79. Heart Diseases
80. Irritable Bowel Syndrome
82. Kidney Stones
83. Lung Diseases
84. Liver Diseases
86. Menstruation Relief by regulating heavy blood flow and cramps
91. Tooth Decay and Periodontal Disease
92. Prostate Enlargement
95. Skin Problems
96. Stomach Ulcers
97. Thyroid Gland
98. Urinary Tract Infections
The health benefits of coconut oil are endless. How many of these have you personally tried? Keep this checklist handy to solve any health related issues naturally using coconut oil.
Caution: Please use Home Remedies after Proper Research and Guidance. You accept that you are following any advice at your own risk and will properly research or consult healthcare professional.